Monday, March 25, 2013

NEW VIDEO: Boys Over Flowers, 12"x12"



I have a new layout and video to share with you today!
This one features papers from Heidi Swapp's Sugar Chic collection:




The layout is over the top bright and that works great for me, because the show I was scrapping about was the craziest, most over the top thing I had ever seen. I knew when I saw the "Sugar Chic" papers that they would be perfect for a layout about Boys Over Flowers. Scrapbooking does not have to be serious memory keeping all the time - sometimes it can be just for fun!


 
 
The collection pad came with a sheet of printed "die cuts" that I cut out with scissors. I layered them here under the title with some sparkly wood veneer for extra texture.
 

 
I layered iconic images together to draw attention to this photo - layering the stars over the lead actor's photo gives extra weight to his photo.
 

 
The two hands forming a heart and the ribbon both represent themes that ran through the show. Think of what imagery you could add to a similar layout to remind you of the show's own inside jokes.
 

 
The journaling would have taken over half the layout, so I added it to a pocket on the back of the layout. Pulling that tab reveals the journaling. This is a great technique for layouts where you have lots to say, or where you maybe don't want everyone who looks through your album to read what you wrote.
 


 
 There were a lot of bright, bold and busy patterned papers used on this layout. I used black cardstock and black ink to add visual separation between them. This keeps everything from blending together into a blurry mess. Instead it just looks like an explosion of color and pattern.

I filmed this layout coming together for my YouTube channel. You can watch the video below, or click this link to watch it over on YouTube: Boys Over Flowers.
    

 


So, tell me - what was the least serious thing you scrapped recently? I'd love to know!

Thanks for watching and have a GREAT week!
 
Kathryn :D






10 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Thanks! I had fun layering the different prints together! Rawr!

      Delete
  2. Thanks for the video. I enjoyed it, as usual :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're very welcome! Thanks for watching & I'm glad you enjoyed it!

      Delete
  3. I've seen that paper and loved it but had no clue what I would use it for..makes me rethink some things. I should scrap about coming home from junior high and watching Medical Center with the very hunky Dr Joe Gannon. *swoon* Thanks for giving me some ideas! ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That would be an AWESOME layout! I bet you could find images from the show online to use on your layout, too! :)

      Delete
  4. I love how you used those papers!! I've looked at this paper in the store, and wondered WHAT in the heck you could use prints like that for! You did NOT shy away from all those patterns at all, and it turned out great! I do have a few of those 'pop culture' type layouts I really should make, too! (and now I'm going to go Google that TV show, lol!)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Those are papers are REALLY intense, but they are also a lot of fun. I like bold, bright colors and patterns, though, so there's always an element of personal taste. If you do check out the show, be careful. It can be kind of addictive!

      Delete
  5. Kathryn, Loved the layout and all the crazy pattern and color. I found chalkboard paper at Joann's, but haven't been able to find chalkboard markers... who makes the one your demo on the video?

    ReplyDelete